Nikon continues its rapid extension of its camera range with the new Nikon D5500 .
This is Nikon’s first ever touch-enabled DSLR . Nikon has been behind the curve on this feature — Canon introduced touch capability to its line of DSLRs back in 2012.
In many ways , the D5500 has an identical spec to the D5300 .
1. A vari-angle monitor for which a touch-screen interface has been adoptedThe D5500 is the first Nikon digital SLR camera for which a touch-screen interface has been adopted. This enables simple and intuitive operation by those who frequently use smart devices. It is equipped with a large and wide, 3.2-inch, approximately 1037K-dot TFT LCD vari-angle monitor with wide viewing angle. In addition to preserving more than sufficient visibility, the side-hinged vari-angle monitor opens up to 180° to the left, and can be rotated up to 90° clockwise, or up to 180° counter-clockwise while it is open. This ensures flexible shooting from a wide variety of angles, whether low or high, and even when capturing self portraits.
One of eight frequently used camera settings (Focus-point selection, AF-area mode, Aperture, ISO sensitivity, etc.) can be assigned to this function for use with viewfinder shooting, enabling immediate modification of the assigned setting, and achieving practical operation by simply tapping or sliding a finger across the monitor while looking through the viewfinder.
2. A strong monocoque body, and the world’s smallest, lightest, and slimmest digital SLR camera equipped with a vari-angle monitorA monocoque structure, with which the exterior serves as a frame that protects the internal structure with great strength, has been adopted for the D5500. Use of a carbon-fiber composite material for the front body, where important mechanisms such as the imaging unit are incorporated, and the front and rear covers not only ensures a light weight, but also preserves great strength and durability. In addition, positioning of the integrated circuit board, on which electronic components are mounted, and the imaging unit in nearly the same place, as well as optimization of drive unit positioning have helped to make the camera significantly slimmer. This, in turn, has enabled a deeper grip that provides a firmer, steadier hold on the camera, making it more portable and easier to handle.
3. A built-in Wi-Fi function that enables image transfer and remote shooting through collaboration with smart devicesThe built-in Wi-Fi function makes two-way wireless communications with smart devices such as smartphones and tablets possible. Full-scale photographic works (still images) captured with this digital SLR camera can be uploaded to a smart device from which they can be transferred or shared on SNSs via the Internet. In addition, the live view screen can be displayed on a smart device, enabling use of the smart device for a variety of applications, including capture of self portraits and group photos, as well as remote photography.
4. An effective pixel count of 24.2-million pixels, a Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor, and the EXPEED 4 image-processing engine enable superior image quality and excellent detail
Offering an effective pixel count of 24.2-million pixels and equipped with a Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter, the D5500 is able to capture images that make the most of the superior rendering capabilities of NIKKOR lenses. In addition, the EXPEED 4 image-processing engine richly reproduces colors from those in the darkest portions of the frame to those in the brightest portions of the frame for smooth changes between bright and dark portions, which results in images with excellent detail and a three-dimensional appearance. The camera supports a broad range of standard sensitivities, from ISO 100 to 25600, making capture of images exhibiting excellent detail with little noise possible, even in dark surroundings.
5. Even better functions and performance as a full-scale digital SLR cameraThe D5500 offers the superior performance and wide variety of functions that make the rich power of expression, possible only with a full-scale digital SLR camera, possible.
- Improved Picture Control System: Support for the new Flat Picture Control, the new Clarity adjustment item (for still images only), as well as the ability to apply adjustments in finer increments, greatly expand possibilities for imaging suited to the subject or user intent regarding expression.
- Scene Recognition System: In order to increase the accuracy of auto control functions, scene information is analyzed using the 2016-pixel RGB sensor and the image sensor. This makes it possible for the autofocus system to accurately track moving subjects, it enables exposure control that takes highlights into consideration, and it makes extremely accurate white balance control possible. In addition, information acquired from the image sensor is used to achieve greater accuracy with exposure and AF control in live view mode (including movie live view).
- High-speed continuous shooting: The D5500 supports high-speed continuous shooting at up to 5 fps for a maximum of 100 shots (JPEG).
- Special Effects mode, to which Super Vivid, Pop, and Photo Illustration options have been added, for a total of ten effects that enable more creative expression: The D5500 is equipped with a Special Effects mode, with which effects can be selected and applied with recording of both still images and movies. Preview in the camera monitor before shooting or recording begins allows users to confirm the results of effect selection in the camera monitor in real time. With the addition of Super Vivid, Photo Illustration, and Pop options, the D5500 offers selection from a total of ten special effects. This allows users to easily enjoy dramatic effects like those seen in art and the movies. This mode was adopted to respond to the creative intent of users searching for a way to express their own unique style and creativity.
- D-Movie function for recording 1920 x 1080/60p full-HD movies: The D5500 is equipped with a D-Movie function that supports recording of smooth 1920 x 1080/60p full-HD movies. In addition to recording via the built-in stereo microphone, the optional Stereo Microphone ME-1 can also be used to record high-quality stereo sound.
- A built-in Vignette Control function that reduces illumination falloff at image peripheries: The D5500 is the first Nikon DX-format model to offer the Vignette Control function, which processes images to reduce the drop in brightness at the edges of frames (illumination falloff) that sometimes occurs due to the characteristics of photographic lenses.
Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/#ixzz3O2QGwkRS
Book your Castle tours of Scotland by phone or Whatsapp on +447305-294773.
Check out our Castle Tours Scotland group on Facebook .
Find out more about castle tours of Scotland on Whatsapp +447305294773 - visit the stunning castles of Scotland on a unique private tour.
Buy stock footage of Scotland online at Pictures of Scotland